Half-day workshop on risk assessment for firework displays
Note: This course has been combined with Shellcalc ©. The price below is for the whole day.
Where and When:
Tuesday 15th March 2022 registration 9.30 for a 10:00 start – 12:30
Venue: Camden Hse, Kenilworth, CV8 1TH
£180 + VAT per attendee – 20% discount for 3 or more from the same company
Objectives of the workshop:
The workshop will draw on the experience of many years developing Risk Assessments for a variety of events in order to provide practitioners of firework displays with the information required to produce suitable Risk Assessments for firework displays. The need for relevant and detailed Risk Assessments has never been greater, and a thorough understanding of the principles and practicalities of what can (and what cannot) be achieved is essential to all those who are staging firework displays of whatever scale.
Outline of workshop:
The workshop will consist of several short lecture sessions and group exercises to address the following:-
- Why do Risk Assessments?
- What you can gain from doing a proper Risk Assessment
- The limitations of Risk Assessments
- What risks should be examined?
- The relationship between Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Operating procedures
- General and Specific Risk Assessments
- Examples of good and bad approaches
- Use of tools to assist in the Risk Assessment process
- Debris models (including introduction to Shellcalc© – but see also separate workshop)
- Wind models
- Workshop examples (individual and within groups – depending on numbers of attendees)
All attendees will be given the following on a USB stick:-
- Copy of the presentations (electronic form) – hard copies available for an additional fee
- Blank Risk Assessment form
Certificate of Attendance:
All participants will be awarded a “Certificate of Attendance”
Please use our online booking system
Refunds will not be given except in exceptional circumstances. However we will reserve a place on the next course for those who are unable to attend provided at least 2 weeks notice is given to us so that places may be reallocated.
We can offer separate consultancy for all aspects of Risk Assessments for firework displays – please enquire for further details.